Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

WORLD'S BEST RANCH


I make ranch homemade. I didn’t always. I used to buy the stuff on the best sale at the local grocer’s.

But, I decided I wanted to find a delicious, inexpensive, variety with no MSG, that I could tailor to be healthier. One with a few ingredients, all of which my kitchen would regularly contain. No preservatives, guar gums, funky flavor protectors, etc.

My kids love this stuff, as do my husband and myself. And it only takes about 5 minutes to make, so it’s an easy sacrifice. At my son’s urging, I will now share it with the world. Here’s looking at you, earth!  J  One more reason to eat your veggies with glee!


RECIPE

Milk, 1 percent – ½ C
Mayo – ½ C
Nonfat Greek Yogurt – ½ C
Salt – ½ tsp
Parsley flakes – 1 tsp
Onion, minced or dehydrated granules – ½ tsp
Garlic, fresh pressed – 1 large clove
Pepper – a dash

Mix and refrigerate. Add more milk to thin, more yogurt to create a thicker dip.

Warning: Your friends will ask you for this recipe. Don’t be alarmed at your new-found celebrity.  J


No comments:

Post a Comment