Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

AVOCADO, CHEDDAR, SPROUT AND HONEY MUSTARD SAMMIE



A good sandwich is like your favorite blanket…super comforting! I like good comfort foods like this that aren’t warm, so we can enjoy them in the hot summer. I first tasted a sandwich like this at a unique little store in my city called The Antique Sandwich Company.

If you don’t like this recipe, there may be no hope for you. Please send me your sandwich creation “Express” and I will eat it for you.  J


Recipe

Whole wheat bread
Avocado, thinly sliced
Cheddar Cheese
Sprouts (I used clover)
Tomato
Lettuce
Cream Cheese (spread on one piece of the bread)
Honey mustard sauce (spread on the other piece of bread - recipe below)

I cannot give other instructions, other than, I mean, “layer the ingredients.” Pretty easy. But also, include this honey mustard dressing, because it is amazing.
Honey – 2 T
Yellow mustard – 2 t
Mayonnaise – ½ T

Mix and use to taste on the sandwich, on a salad, or whatever tickles your fancy. That is a funny phrase, huh?


ENJOY IN GOOD HEALTH!

No comments:

Post a Comment