Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

COCONUT CURRY BAKED SPINACH




Ever since I was first introduced to curry, I’ve been a little in love with Coconut milk. It is so dense, creamy, sweet and savory all at once. It’s a little bit of magic, too, with how versatile it can be.

This idea came to me when I opened my fridge and spied a 3 lb bag of spinach I needed to use. I wondered if coconut curry would blend well with the spinach. And, well, yum! You can put a little less curry in if you don’t want to overwhelm immature or heat-sensitive taste-buds.


Recipe

Spinach leaves, fresh – 8 cups
Coconut milk – 1 14 oz can
Ginger, peeled and diced – one inch piece
Sweet onion, diced – 1/3 C
Honey, runny – 3 T
Lemon juice – 1 T
Sea salt – ½ to 1 teaspoon

Preheat oven to 350. On stovetop, combine coconut milk and curry. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, and cook about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in honey, lemon juice and salt.

Mix spinach leaves and sauce together, then place in a 2 quart casserole dish. Bake about 15 minutes, or until spinach is nicely wilting. ENJOY IN GOOD HEALTH!


No comments:

Post a Comment