Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

CRANBERRY AND CABBAGE CHICKEN SALAD





I love chicken salad. We didn’t have it much when I was a kid. I remember tuna. Yes, that memory is hard to forget. It is still a little hard for me to eat tuna today. But chicken salad I love.

This version is light, refreshing, and so tasty. I think the dressing is key to its delicious notes. It’s super easy to make, and should be an easy crowd pleaser.I hope you like it!


Recipe

Sweet onion, diced – 1/3 C
Roasted chicken, diced – 3 C
Cranberries, dried and sweetened – 1 C
Cabbage, finely shredded – 2 C
Nonfat Green yogurt, plan-  ¾ C
Mayonnaise – ¾ C
Garlic, peeled and crushed – 2 cloves
Lemon juice – 1 T

Combine onion, chicken, cranberries and cabbage. For the dressing, combine yogurt, mayo, garlic and lemon juice. Season to taste (a little pepper, a little salt).


Mix dressing over salad and ENJOY IN GOOD HEALTH!

No comments:

Post a Comment