Pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

MINT AND FRUIT WHEAT BERRY SALAD




I just think sometimes, skip the grinding and use the whole grain! Right? So…here’s a nice cooked wheat berry salad. VERY WHOLE. I mean, it really doesn’t get much whole-r than this.

So really, after I ate this for dinner, I felt full, satisfied, healthy, happy, and my stomach digested so well. No uncomfortable bloating (for eating whole wheat), or weird gurglings.

You should try this. It’s like rice, but it’s not rice. It’s wheat. Did I mention it’s a whole grain?  


Recipe

Wheat berries, cooked – 5 C
Water, salt – 2 qts water and 2 tsp salt
Peach, pitted and chopped – 1
Mango, pitted and chopped – 1
Mint leaves, chopped – ½ C
Goat cheese, crumbled – 1 C

Pour the dried wheat berries into 2 quarts of salted water. Bring to a boil, and boil for 3 minutes. Reduce to medium-low and simmer about 30-45 minutes, or until berries are tender.

Remove berries from heat, drain and rinse with cold water. Add in chopped fruit, mint leaves and goat cheese. Toss carefully. Salt as needed and ENJOY IN GOOD HEALTH!




No comments:

Post a Comment