Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

BREADED EGGPLANT

Who isn't looking for more ways to eat veggies?

Nutrition science tells us the greater the variety of vegetables we eat, the better variety of nutrients we'll take in. Remember, most of our calories should be eating to live, not the other way around. I can't say I'm perfect at this creed.   ;)

I've been making this recipe for a few years. And each time I do, I eat almost the whole plate! Even the kids enjoy munching on these, if dipped in a little marinara or homemade ranch. Which are delightful additions, I must admit.

Here's to your health, and your taste buds!


(my pieces shown above came from a ginormous eggplant...so the eggplant
circle pieces were then cut into quarters)


BREADED EGGPLANT

Eggplant - 1 lb (1 very large, 2 medium or 5 small)
Eggs - 3
Wholewheat, Italian seasoned bread crumbs - 1 C
Parmesan Cheese - 1/2 C finely grated
olive oil

Peel eggplant and cut off ends. Slice into rounds 1/4 inch thick. If pieces are still too big for your liking, slice into yet smaller pieces, still maintaining the 1/4 inch thickness.

Whip three eggs in a bowl. Combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in a separate bowl. Dip eggplant pieces in the egg, then coat in the breadcrumb/cheese mixture. Careful not to drip gobs of egg into the breadcrumb bowl. That's gross. I know cuz I've done it. Just a few times.  ;)

Cook pieces on medium heat, in skillet with a scant covering of oil - about 1 1/2 T for a 12 inch size frying pan. After a bout 4-5 minutes, flip to the other side and cook another 4 minutes. Careful not to blacken.

The goal is a moderately soft, but not soggy-through when bitten, piece of delicious eggplant. Enjoy in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment