Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

TEMPTING TABOULI



As I sit here typing, my hair is dripping. I grabbed an all-too-rare mid-afternoon shower while my 4-yr-old sleeps. But before I style my locks and put on my face (eyeliner is essential) I had to post this recipe. FYI, the picture does not do it justice. I need a better camera. And maybe a photography class. Yep. That'd be it.

TABOULI:  a delish, easy to prepare salad hailing from the middle-east. YUM. That's about all I can say. The flavors beautifully complement each other. I never tire of this super healthy, whole food treat.

Bulgur - 1 C
Parsley - 2 bunches (500 grams)
Mint leaves - 1/2 C finely chopped
Green Onions - 8, thinly sliced
Tomatoes - 4, seeded and chopped into 1/2 inch chunks
Cucumber - 1, seeded and chopped into 1/2 inch chunks
Lemon juice - 1/2 C, or to taste
Olive oil - 1/3 C, or to taste
Salt-  to taste

Soak bulgur in warm water until soft - about 10-12 minutes. Pour into strainer lined with a flour sack. Squeeze dry.

Remove parsley leaves and mint leaves from stems. Process leaves in a food processor until fine.

Combine all ingredients and season with salt to taste.
Refrigerate for several hours to allow flavors to combine. ENJOY!

This post is for my mom. She introduced me to this amazing food, and I love her for it! It continues to be one of her all-time favorite salads.

No comments:

Post a Comment