Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

HURRAH FOR HUMMUS!



I first tried hummus just a few years ago. I know. Where have I been hiding? Raising a family of five kiddos out in the suburbs was not the most culturally-enlightening experience, I’ll admit.

Well, it was amazing. And so my family has since been subjected to many of my attempts at making this amazing, Middle Eastern dip. Here’s one of the variations we have enjoyed…today for lunch, in fact!

Recipe
Garbanzo beans – 1 15 ounce can (drained and juice reserved)
Sesame Seed – ½ C
Garlic clove – 1 whole, peeled
Lemon juice – 2 T
Sea salt – 1 teaspoon
Assorted veggies, crackers, breads


In your food processor, place bean juice, sesame seeds and garlic clove. Process until smooth. Add lemon juice, sea salt and garbanzo beans. Process until consistency is like “butt-uh.” I mean, like a smooth paste. Serve with assorted veggies, crackers or pieces of bread. Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment