Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

VEGGIE AND GOAT CHEESE CRACKER STACKS





There is nothing quite like the tang in goat cheese. It is mouth-watering, and pungent, like an amazing sour sourdough bread. I love it, and so do my children! That’s a bit of a shocker, right?

I decided to try and layer the amazing cheese with some yummy veggies, stack them on whole grain crackers, and add just a drizzle of Asian chili sauce on the top. The kids preferred their stacks with the spice in the sauce, but I kept my sauce on. It was so yum!

These are super easy, and the flavors will dance on your tongue. Enjoy!  


Recipe

Whole wheat crackers – 1 box
Goat cheese – 6 ounces
Various veggies
          I used parsnips – peeled, thinly sliced, then steamed &
cucumbers, peeled & thinly sliced
Sweet chili sauce – 3 ounces


Prep veggies to fit on the crackers, cooking them if necessary, as I did with my parsnips. Once prepped, layer each stack beginning with one cracker, then a layer of goat cheese (about 1 teaspoon), a piece of veggie, and then chili sauce, if desired.
These are yummy, but don’t prepare far ahead, as the cheese and veggies will cause the crackers to become soggy.

ENJOY IN GOOD HEALTH!

No comments:

Post a Comment